WHAT IS CUSTOM MADE?
Custom made is making a dress to your individual needs. A gown that reflects who you are and what you want.
Custom made is NOT altering a dress we already have. It is made from scratch to your design style and individual measurement.
HOW MUCH DOES A CUSTOM-MADE GOWN COST?
Our dresses start at $350, including one measurement appointment, two fitting sessions and alterations. Prices vary depending on fabric choice, beading and style. We usually offer a quote based when all the details are finalized. We strive to be able to make gowns that fit your needs and budget.
WHAT IS THE PROCESS OF A CUSTOM-MADE DRESS?
- Make an appointment with us and, our designer and seamstress will help you choose a silhouette that will suit your child with changes made based on your thoughts, images, and preferences.
- We have a large selection of fabrics and laces for you to choose from including luxurious satin and guipure lace. We also have a range of colours to choose from.
- Once your design had been finalised, the dress making process begins with our qualified pattern maker of over 20 years who will make an individual pattern to your child measurements, this process can take up to 6-8 weeks depending on the design of your gown.
- Once the dress has been completed, we organise for you to come in for your first fitting to finalise the design 4 to 5 weeks after your measurement appointment.
- We take this opportunity to make any alterations that you may need. The price of your gown includes two fitting & alteration sessions to make sure that the gown will fit you perfectly.
HOW MUCH TIME DO WE REQUIRE TO HAVE A CUSTOM-MADE GOWN MADE?
We work within an 8 week time frame. This allows us plenty of time to schedule multiple fittings and make any alterations that need to be done.
We do not take measurements any earlier as the child will have a growth spurt and run the risk of a dress not fitting.
We also offer an express service if you require the dress sooner.
WHERE ARE YOU LOCATED?
We are located in our beautiful boutique retail store in the wedding district of the northern suburb of Brunswick. You can find us at 507 Sydney road, (near blyth street) Brunswick.
WHEN DO YOU TAKE APPOINTMENTS?
We are open from 10.30am to 4.00pm Monday to Saturday.
Saturday is one of our busiest days, so we kindly ask that you book an appointment for communion, flower girl, confirmation, debutant dresses or special designed custom orders.
We are currently booking appointments everyday with some appointments taking up to an hour especially when designing your own gown.
We love our customers and each and every one of you are all important to us so we pride ourselves in providing the best customer service. We still would love to see you and try to help even without an appointment but please excuse us if we are busy.
CAN I BUY OF THE RACK?
We also carry standard sizing in our retail store that you can purchase off the rack up to size 16. We also do have sample stock in our retail store that we are happy to alter to fit you.
HOW TO TAKE YOUR MEASUREMENTS?
We recommend in taking your measurements on thin clothing. No heavy jumpers of jackets to be worn just a light t-shirt.
Chest: Measure around the fullest part of the chest.
Waist: Measure around the smallest part of the waist. The natural waistline
Waistline: Measure from the side neck to the waistline where you would like the line of the waist to sit on your dress.
Dress Length: Stand with your heals together and looking straight ahead (do not look down). Keep the tape measure straight and measure from the side neck to the finished length of the dress length desired.
I AM NOT SURE WHAT I WANT FOR MY DRESS. CAN YOU HELP?
We have been in the industry for over 20 years and with 4 girls who inspire MTK we have a selection of images, materials, trims, sequins and beading to look at in our shop to help inspire you. Once we have a basic silhouette or style, we can start choosing fabrics and the smaller details. If we have not catered to all of your questions below, please feel free to contact us through our contact page or send us an email at email@example.com
WHAT IF I DONT LIVE IN MELBOURNE, AUSTRALIA?
It does not matter if you do not live in Australia we ship worldwide. We will designate a consultant from start till receiving your dress - and beyond - you will have the personal guidance of your own design consultant. A Skype or WhatsApp meetings can be set up to help you with the measurements and design process.